Award AmountThe CIPM exam fee is discounted to USD 300* for scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Eligibility RequirementsA CIPM scholarship applicant must meet one of the requirements as detailed below.
A CIPM scholarship applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be a full-time employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 6 credit hours per quarter or semester.
- Be a full-time administrative employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 3 credit hours per quarter or semester.
Be an employee of financial regulators, central banks, securities commissions, qualifying stock exchanges, SROs and/or government entities. Specifically, those entities that oversee or regulate operations, standards of practice or business conduct of the investment management industry and which have entered into a program agreement with CFA Institute.
Be an eligible GIPS® (Global Investment Performance Standards) volunteer.
- Be an eligible, full-time undergraduate or full-time or part-time graduate student of an affiliated university**.
We are accepting scholarship applications for the March 2023 CIPM Program through 9 January 2023 midnight ET.
Confirm You Meet the Scholarship Qualifications
Below are the CIPM Program scholarships currently offered:
To apply, you must be a student enrolled at a school or college participating in the University Affiliation Program.
Login and complete the Student Scholarship Application.
To apply, you must be a full-time college/university professor or administrators/department head who teaches a minimum number of credit hours at a qualified institution.
Login and complete the Professor Scholarship Application.
GIPS or Regulator Scholarship
Please contact [email protected] if you wish to apply.
Await the Decision
Once your application has been processed, you will be notified of a decision by email. Review timelines vary by scholarship, and you can expect a decision no later than 16 January 2023.
Register for the CIPM exam (after receiving your application decision notification from the Scholarships Team).
The CIPM scholarship rules are as follows:
- CFA Institute shall award CIPM Scholarships in its sole discretion. Scholarships are not guaranteed to any applicant and all decisions by CFA Institute are final.
- Scholarships may not be sold, transferred, or assigned and are not convertible to cash.
- Scholarship candidates must comply with all applicable enrollment and registration deadlines published for all candidates.
- Scholarships must be used for the exam for which they are granted. No refunds or deferrals are available.
- Scholarships may not be applied retroactively nor to currently registered candidates.
- If a scholarship candidate fails to follow CFA Institute policies, including the identification policy, he/she will not be admitted to the exam and will forfeit his/her scholarship.
- If a scholarship candidate fails to appear for, or is refused admittance to, an exam for which he/she registered with a scholarship, CFA Institute may disclose this to his/her sponsor, and he/she may be ineligible to receive future scholarships.
- The scholarship recipient consents to CFA Institute sharing his/her identity as a scholarship recipient with the local CFA Society.
- Any false statements or misrepresentations made by scholarship applicants may be grounds for discipline in, or dismissal from, CFA Institute’s programs.
- The scholarship recipient consents to his/her Pass/Fail results being shared in aggregate with the society, school, employer or university from which he/she received the scholarship.
- Do not register for the CIPM exam until after you have applied and been approved for the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for any applicable taxes.
You have reviewed and will adhere to the rules for the scholarship program as listed above.
All scholarship candidates and sponsors must disclose to CFA Institute in writing any and all actual or potential conflicts of interest, including but not limited to those listed below, which may compromise the integrity of the Program.
CFA Institute may, in its sole discretion, refuse to accept or cancel a scholarship award if an actual or perceived conflict of interest exists. If CFA Institute rejects a nomination due to a conflict of interest, sponsor will be notified and may not be permitted to select an alternate scholarship candidate.
Potential conflicts of interest include:
- Scholarship candidate is a close familial relative (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece or first cousin) of the sponsor (or any member or employee of sponsor) selecting the candidate
- Scholarship candidate or sponsor solicits, provides or accepts any compensation or other consideration in exchange for the nomination
- Scholarship candidate is a current or former employee or director of the sponsor, CFA Institute, or a CFA Institute Member Society
- Scholarship candidate has been sanctioned by the CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program
- Scholarship candidate engages in any conduct that may reflect negatively upon CFA Institute
**Faculty full-time employees/teaching – must include with this application a letter on letterhead in English and signed by an official of your academic institution or employer certifying that you meet the CIPM Scholarship Eligibility Requirements.